International School Eastern Seaboard
International School Eastern Seaboard The International School Eastern Seaboard (ISE) an American curriculum, non-sectarian, day school located adjacent to the Burapha Golf Club in Chonburi Province. The school is 30 minutes from Pattaya and Chonburi City. The Laem Chabang deep-sea port and the city of Siracha are 15 minutes away. All industrial estates on the Eastern Seaboard are within easy driving distance. Many of the families live on the Burapha Golf Club and in adjacent golfing communities.
The Burapha Golf club creates a pleasant surrounding for the school community and provides a variety of sports and recreational facilities that are available to the students. The students attend school in a safe and pleasant environment.
ISE serves as a community center for the families living on the Eastern Seaboard. The school offers an after-school activities program for all students. The secondary school students participate in the Mekong Region International School Association (MRISA) exchanges in various sports, art, music, dance and drama.
The school offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma program for students in Grades 11 and 12. Our graduates have attended university in more than 10 countries around the world.
The school offers grades Pre-K3 through 12 and currently enrolls more than 400 students. It is located on the Eastern Seaboard of Thailand (nearby towns include Pattaya, Sriracha, and Ban Chang) and was founded in 1994.
ISE is an IB World School and in 2005, ISE was accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) through the 2011 school year. The school is certified by the Thai Ministry of Education.
The rapid development of Thailand's Eastern Seaboard created a demand for a high quality international school. In response to this demand, the International School Eastern Seaboard (ISE) was developed by Northbridge Communities and opened in August, 1994. From a modest beginning the school grew to enroll more than 300 students in less than four years. The program offerings and facilities grew during this time to keep pace with the needs of our students and the expectations of the international community. The new upper campus, specially designed with high school students in mind, opened in January 1998.
The International School Eastern Seaboard (ISE) is an English language, coeducational, nonsectarian, college-preparatory day school, enrolling students from pre-kindergarten (3 and 4 year old students) through grade 12. The school provides a comprehensive academic program, including the core subject areas of math, science, social studies/history, and language arts/English, as well as foreign language study, English as a Second Language (ESL), physical education, fine arts and an array of co-curricular activities. ISE strives to be a model of an American style school. All school programs are designed to accommodate students from many nations who come with a variety of educational needs. The addition of the IB program to our current program is a great benefit to students who enroll in the program. Students who elect not to enroll in the IB program are still able to enroll in regular high school courses.The school has full accreditation by the U.S. based Western Association of Schools and College (WASC).
As noted, the American philosophy of education serves as the foundation of the program at ISE. This philosophy fosters respect for the dignity and worth of each individual, supports equal education for all according to their abilities, and emphasizes a a comprehensive curriculum based on the latest available brain research and education. By recognizing and attempting to meet each student's educational needs, ISE provides for individual opportunities to make both program and course choices within a liberal arts educational setting. Within this setting the school offers a well coordinated program of studies leading to college and university admission, in addition to student support services. Programming is accompanied by a wide variety of co-curricular activities.
ISE Mission Statement
The mission of the International School Eastern Seaboard is to prepare an international student population for higher education and lifelong learning by emphasizing higher level thinking skills, effective communication, global responsibilities, and personal wellness within a cooperative and supportive school community.
We believe all students:
- Have special, unique, creative talents, aptitudes, and gifts
- Can experience success
- Can gain self-confidence
- Can adapt to a new school and a community of different cultures.
We believe good school programs:
- Actively involve students
- Assure student growth and success
- Are integrated, dynamic, and multi-dimensional
- Address the whole child's needs
- Prepare the child for the future as a creative, critical thinker and problem solver
- Encourage inquiry.
We believe good teachers:
- Have many different styles and unique talents
- Are flexible, nurturing, and willing to take a risk
- Are accountable to the school's mission
- Grow personally and professionally.
We believe good schools:
- Provide nurturing
- Celebrate diversity
- Promote a healthy and secure learning environment
- Connect with the local and global community.
Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLRs) When each student leaves ISE he/she should be:
Critical and Complex Thinkers Who:
- integrate learning and apply it in real life situations;
- design and implement strategies to solve various problems;
- construct meaningful questions;
- question information received from other people and from the media;
- use higher level thinking skills; and
- are responsible decision makers.
Effective Communicators Who:
- demonstrate verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills;
- demonstrate listening skills;
- receive and interpret messages in an effective manner;
- express themselves creatively through various mediums; and
- understand technology and its applications.
Self-Directed Learners Who:
- recognize the value of life-long learning;
- exhibit curiosity and desire to learn more;
- read for pleasure and information;
- think for themselves and respectfully challenge authority;
- objectively assess their strengths and weaknesses, leading to self knowledge and a sense of self worth;
- demonstrate self confidence in diverse school and community interactions; and
- identify and apply their interests toward their future.
Global Citizens Who:
International School Eastern Seaboard
P.O. Box 6, Banglamung, Chonburi 20150, Thailand
- foster, develop, and maintain relations within diverse cultural settings;
- demonstrate the ability to function in a responsible and ethical manner in a global community;
- demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively toward a common goal;
- exhibit respectful behavior toward others and toward their natural environment; and
- actively promote tolerance and understanding of global cultures.
Tel. 038-372-591 , 087-917-1010 Fax: 038-372-590
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : International School Eastern Seaboard