Ekamai International School
What makes EIS different?
Ekamai International School is a private, non-profit, Christian school operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Mission in Thailand. The school teaches the beliefs, ideals and customs of the church and strives to create a climate marked by a sense of God’s presence and action in the work, love for one’s neighbor and a concern for the social justice and equality for all people.
Ekamai International School seeks to contribute to Thai and international education through curriculum design, development of new courses, and application of an innovative teaching methodology. Sensitive to the country in which it is located, the school promotes an understanding and appreciation of culture and the people of Thailand and other countries.
The school emphasizes an image of a school where character counts and caring teachers make a difference. An education at Ekamai International is different from other international schools due to its underlying philosophical emphasis on a balanced education.
Ekamai International School first began in 1946 as The Child Training Center with four children in the first class. Classes were held in the garage of Physician Ralph Waddell on Phayathai Road. Later, a classroom of thatched bamboo and a metal roof was constructed and used for two years.
In 1957, the present Ekamai property was purchased despite many objections to setting up a school far from the city, out in the middle of nowhere. The first building was the high school building at the English school. How strange it must have appeared then with rice fields all around and water buffalo roaming about, compared with today's urbanization growing on every side.
Meanwhile, the school became Adventist English School (AES). In 1992 the Thai Ministry of Education granted AES international status, and the name was changed to Ekamai International School (EIS). The latest development is the school's accreditation by the WASC in 1998.
Philosophy & Mission
We recognize that true education identifies God as the source of moral value and truth. It involves the whole person and promotes the harmonious development of the physical, mental, social and spiritual dimensions of human nature.
EIS offers a challenging Christ-centered Academics program, giving the students the opportunity to exercise and expand their varied abilities and potential. The school endeavors to create a climate marked by a sense of God's presence and action in the world, love for one's neighbor, and a concern for social justice and equality of all people.
EKAMAI INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL BELIEVES THAT:
- Learning is a valuable, life-long process;
- Education requires a balance of the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual aspects of life;
- Reaching full potential requires people to do their best;
- Each person is responsible for the choices he or she makes;
- Family life provides the foundation for the development of an individual;
- Education is joint responsibility of stidents, parents, and school;
- Honesty is fundamental to all we do;
- Each person can learn, but NOT on the same day in the same way;
- Open, honest, and respectful communication is essential to mutual understanding.
Licenses & Accreditations
Ekamai International School is Licensed and Recognized by the Private Education Council Ministry of Education in Thailand as a International School offering kindergarten 2 through twelve for students from all races, nationalities and religions. EIS utilizes the English language as the medium of instruction with curriculum based on the American system of education.
EIS is authorized by the Thai Ministry of Education ( Bangkok, Thailand) as an educational institution of international status. Moreover, EIS is also a member of the International Schools Association of Thailand (ISAT), and of East Asia Regional Commission of Schools (EARCOS), in Subic Bay, Philippines.
There are two international accreditation bodies that have accredited EIS:
Ekamai International School
57 Soi Pridibanomyong 31, 37 Sukhumvit 71 Road Vadhana District
- The Adventist Accreditation Association (AAA) - This is an international accrediting association headquartered in Maryland, U.S.A.
- The Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) - The headquarter is in California U.S.A. The latest development is the school's accreditation in 2004.
Tel: 066 02 391 3593 Fax:
066 02 381 4622
Website : Ekamai International School